Are you thinking about getting dental implants? If you’re like most people, cost will be one of the main topics of discussion or consideration as you research the best implant options. You can expect to find a wide range of prices available, but make sure to do all your homework before just going with the lowest option.
While it may be tempting to choose what seem like cheap dental implants, there are a few important things to consider and reasons why these implants are less expensive. A dentist in Prairieville, Louisiana can help you make the wisest, most informed choice so that you end up picking the highest quality dental implants to give you that new and beautiful smile that you deserve.
Why Do the Prices of Dental Implants Vary?
Think about your last trip to your favorite grocery store. Did you notice that some products had a higher price tag than others, even though they were assigned the same category? Dental implants vary in price the same way. However, you want to make the right decision and not just pick cheap dental implants like you might choose a box of cheaper cereal or pasta.
Typically, dental implants are less expensive because of one of the following top reasons.
- Cheap, Low-Quality Products and Materials: A dental professional who offers cheap dental implant treatments probably sources those implants from an implant manufacturer that uses low-quality materials to produce the implants. With this option, precision and fit are usually compromised. Plus, cheaper, low-quality materials may make the implants less durable and more apt to fail.
- Improperly Constructed Implants: Additionally, using low-quality materials can lead to weaker, less stable implants that can break easily and are not as durable as more expensive counterparts. This can lead to a costly replacement that could be prevented if better, higher-quality materials were used.
- Low-Tech Dental Laboratory: A dental professional advertising cheaper dental implants may choose a dental laboratory that doesn’t have the best technology (or reputation) to make dental implants. This can also lead to the production of low-quality implants that are not natural looking or durable, and can lead to having to replace the implants, therefore increasing the overall cost of placing the implants.
- Foreign Country Placement: Are you tempted to go to a different country to get your dental implants? Every country varies when it comes to dental implant costs and procedures. Some countries offer less expensive dental implants due to lower labor costs and other reasons. However, this may equate to lower quality work. Plus, you may find it difficult to know if a dental provider from another country has had the training needed to deal with complex situations that can arise.
How to Find Experienced Dental Providers for Tooth Replacement in Prairieville, LA
Fortunately, you can get both value and experience from your dental implant treatment. The key is to find an experienced oral surgeon to both place your dental implants and discuss financing methods that you might not have considered.
To evaluate an oral surgeon, look for one that:
- Has a proven track record of placing dental implants in patients whose cases are similar to yours.
- Takes a collaborative approach with you as well as with other professional colleagues to maximize the chance of a successful outcome.
- Welcomes the opportunity to educate you and doesn’t try to downplay or sidestep your dental implant questions, including inquiries about the average price for dental implants.
- Focuses on placement of dental implants as part of the primary practice.
Ways to Cover the Cost of Dental Implants in Prairieville
Curious about the strategies patients use to pay for dental implants? Below are some methods that work well beyond paying upfront:
- Insurance: Some dental and medical insurance plans will pay for specific procedures, such as bone grafts.
- Credit Cards: If you have a good credit rating, you may be able to get a low-interest credit card. Healthcare-specific credit cards also can fit in this category and may offer interest-free financing for several months.
Get Started On A Path To A New High-Quality Smile Today!
Getting dental implants can be a life-changing choice. However, it shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Dental implants are a great way to get a new smile but not if you can’t rely upon them to serve you for years to come. Ensuring you choose the right options for your investment will prove to be the best choice in the long term. High-quality dental implants placed by skilled dental professionals are a great way to ensure your investment lasts a lifetime.
If you are interested in learning more about implants and what the cost would be, contact our office in Prairieville, Louisiana, and schedule a consultation with our doctors, Drs. R. Leo Regan, Michael Casadaban, David Bulot, Steven Nelson, and Kit Kiebach, today!
Cheap dental implants may be more expensive, TeethXpress, https://www.teethxpress.com/cheap-dental-implants-may-be-more-expensive/